relays

To: <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>
Subject: relays
From: "Jon Paschke" <birdman@lightspeed.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 17:54:19 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "tr" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
A BIG THANK YOU TO THE LISTS

I found the problem to my tr8 problems. after getting to know my car's
electoral system real well and tracing wires I finally isolated the
non-running fuel pump and found the culprit.
To refresh-I was driving the car and it just quit-problem the fuel pump
wasn't working-after a push home I ran a hot lead to the pump and it worked
perfect. This is a F/I tr8-1981 and they do keep using parts for the older
models until they were gone.
the bad relay was the F/I relay of multi relay or what ever you want to call
it
I pulled the one out of my tr7 F/I which is the same unit and it fired rite
up. I then put the 8's relay in the tr7 and it wouldn't start-when I had it
just running-problem solved-thanks to all.

now does anyone have a good relay they would be willing to sell reasonable??
it's on both tr7's and tr8's that are F/I.same part. it is the black box
behind the glove box-thanks Fred-and has two plugs running into it

TIA

Jon