Triumphs as your only car

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Triumphs as your only car
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 07:30:12 -0800
Well, many years ago, when I bought the '72 Spitfire in '73, and before I
acquired my other vehicles, The Spitfire (before it received it's steroids
and transplant's) was my only car and daily driver.  I put between
12-15,000 miles a year on it, raced it on weekends, and today it's still my
daily driver with about 200+ miles weekly.  Even if I only put 10,000 miles
on the car a year I've racked up a loftily 240,000 miles on the original
frame and tub, (and heater) and positively NO rust!!  The only exceptions
are during rainy weather, which until recently, doesn't apply here very
often ;-) and the Supermarket, because I don't want any parking lot dings
from errant carts and hurried parking lot jockeys parking next to me with
their 73 Buick two door land yachts!

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (project)
73 Ford Courier (parts hauler, rain vehicle)