Re: TR6 - Stainless Steel Exhaust System

To: "Shane F. Ingate" <ingate@shiseis.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 - Stainless Steel Exhaust System
From: "Martin" <mxgo@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 18:33:35 -0800
Cc: "Triumph list" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

----------
> From: Shane F. Ingate <ingate@shiseis.com>
> To: mxgo@ix.netcom.com
> Subject: Re:  TR6 - Stainless Steel Exhaust System
> Date: Wednesday, March 11, 1998 4:28 PM
>
> Martin,
>       Thanks for the write-up; that is a very useful
> data point because no-one else on the list has ever
> said anything about the Falcon system.
>       One question; what system did you have
> before?  How does the Falcon sound compared with the
> old system (deeper, tinnier, etc).  I believe that
> as the system gets coated with carbon, the sound level will
> decrease.
>       Cheers,
>       Shane

About 12 years ago I had a Monza system that was too loud.  I then had a
shop
use the Monza exhaust pipes and replace the Monza mufflers with California
Turbo Mufflers,
that system was pretty quiet. I replaced that exhaust system, because I
plan to have the cylinder head
reworked to a 10:1 compression with the valves reworked to a three angle
cut.  I believe I had the
head ported when I had the block rebuild back in 1985.  Any advice on the
minimum work I should have
performed on the cylinder head to increase low and mid HP and torque? I
hope to install a
fuel injection system some time in the future.

 As to the loudness of the Monza System, that was 12 years ago, but I do
remember that it was loud.
The new system emits a deep sound that I like around town.  But, like I
said in my previous message, the sound
 on a long trip may get to you.

Martin