Simple green -

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Simple green -
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 07:17:01 -0800
I've heard some talk from several list-ers, (these are not people that walk
leaning to one side, and you know who you are [hey it's early]) that they
use Simple Green as their cleaner of choice.  Does this stuff really work
that well?  I am planning on cleaning off the many years of dry dirt and
oily grime from a junk yard C4 automatic transmission (aluminum) before I
work on it (nother story).  I used to take these items to a pay/car wash
steam cleaner facility to clean, but there is no place for the home user to
do this anymore.  I have used Foamy Engine Cleaner, but with mixed (not
very good) results.  Will Simple Green clean off this built up crud
effectively??  Anybody else have any other solutions that have worked for
them.  Remember, this is a rather large, heavy item, so dunking or soaking
is out of the question.  It is also, still assembled, and will not be
totally rebuilt so sandblasting is also not an option.  I have no wish to
get silica inside the unit- I haven't found anything that cleans as
effectively, and leaves the unit as spotless and residue free as the old
steam cleaning did (I really miss that steam cleaner!!), and am not looking
to by a power washer.
Thanks in advance -