TR6 oil pressure - low?

To: blang@mit.edu, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 oil pressure - low?
From: jbonina@nectech.com
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 09:38:37 -0500
     I finally drove the TR for the (very) first time this weekend -
     intermittent snow flurries and all, TOP DOWN (of course).

     Any way, I was watching the oil pressure guage and this is what I saw.

     At 2000-2500 RPM while drive it was around 50-55 psi. When I came to a
     stop at 800 RPM, it dropped under 25 PSI (per the guage). When the
     engine was over 3000 RPM it was at around 75 PSI. I say around
     because, well, you know what the guage looks like.

     Anyway, is this normal? The oil is right to the full mark on the
     dipstick.

     As always kids, a big thank-you in advance.

     Jeff
     '73 TR6 in Mass.