Crane ignition update

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Crane ignition update
From: jbonina@nectech.com
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 09:37:19 -0500
     I received the Crane XR700 electronic ignition this past Saturday;
     only 3 days after ordering it through British Parts Connection. I
     would consider this extremely prompt service.

     Some notes:

     The next time I get an idea to do any work on my car that involves the
     purchase of parts, I will be more *patient* and thorough in my
     research *before* I buy the parts.

     For example, I asked the list about the Crane XR700 "and other"
     systems before I decided to purchase. I received many positive
     two to respond. Had I been more patient, I would have received the
     informed me there was a newer Crane unit, the XR3000, that was 50%
     more powerful.

     While I received many positive responses (and deservedly so) regarding
     purchasing parts through BPC (and they did save me about $25 versus
     ordering direct from Moss), it never dawned on me to go to the local
     "speed" (read muscle car) shop. They actually could have ordered it in
     the same time frame for even less $$. Live and learn again.

     One thing about the muscle car shops that I had to laugh about; when
     he asked me what car I was ordering for (Triumph TR6) he asked if it
     was a 4 or 6 cylinder. Now, I'm not car fanatic, but even I remember
     from their production days that the TR6 had a 6 cylinder engine, DUH!
     Or, maybe I'm OLD enough to remeber and he wasn't (Is 39 old?)

     In closing, I have now learned to be more thorough and patient before
     parting with the green.

     Jeff
     '73 TR6