Re: I'll try again

To: Alan Camhi <camhi@symbol.com>
Subject: Re: I'll try again
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 16:20:55 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Alan,
I would start from scratch and not assume anything.  First check for
spark.  Check timing (as much as possible without the engine running).
Then check the fuel system (which if you touched nothing else is likely
the problem).  Did you center the jets and preset them according to the
recommended settings?

The gross jets replace the float valves for regulation of the floats.  I
have them on my Spit and they work great.  Adjustment requires adding
washers as spacers to achieve the correct float level.  Since they go
inside the float bowls they are invisible and therefore not subject to
concours rules.

The leaking carb indicates that the float is improperly adjusted, or
else something is not attached properly.  Did the rebuild kits include
needles and jets?  Some don't.

I hope this has in some way helped.

Joe Curry

--