Spitfire front spring questions

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spitfire front spring questions
From: "Kevin B. Rhodes" <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 21:28:33 -0500
Thanks everyone for the shift knob info - I guess I will just live with it.
This brings me to my next Spit dilemma. When I bought my car (77 Spitfire),
it came with a set of the WAY too stiff competition front springs. Nasty
roads here in Maine. I traded these with someone on the list for a set of
the stock 77 ish springs. These ride much nicer, actually a little too nice
as my mechanic also adjusted the Koni's to full soft at the same time.
Unfortunately, they make the car sit WAY high at the front. I guess I am
looking for a happy medium - my question being that I recall someone on the
list saying at some point that the 67-70 Spit springs will fit, and are
shorter - is this correct? They are listed separately in the Vicky Brit
catalogue, is this a good solution? Cheap enough, at about $75 for a pair.
Would the 62-67 springs be even shorter?  My suspicion is that they are all
interchangeable given that all the other front end parts seem to be listed
as 62-80. All advice greatly appreciated!

-Kevin Rhodes
77 Spit ('69 1300 motor, high compression, dual SU's, '74 interior and
bumpers, goes like stink!)
85 Peugeot 505 TurboDiesel (stinks! Peeeuuuuugeot!)