cleaning chrome and overspray

To: peterz@merak.com, Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: cleaning chrome and overspray
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 23:41:35 -0800
I had overspray on my body paint and various chrome.  Meguires Smooth
and Clean took it right off.  There are several similar products on the
market and should all work the same.  They use clay and a lubricant,
like a detailer spray.  I had black overspray on Maroon paint.  Spray an
area then rub with the ball of clay, repeat till things are smooth.  The
clay took off the black and left the maroon.  It also made my rear
bumper shiny chrome again by removing years of exhaust staining from a
poorly tuned engine.

This also removed contamination/rust specks from my Subaru that lives
without the benefit of a garage.

Brian Kemp
72 TR6