Electric fans - for GT6's

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Electric fans - for GT6's
From: jonmac <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 1998 16:16:26 -0000
Judging by the way this thread is developing, we'll soon be seeing
statistical data in the stratospherical limits of nuclear physics! I'll
just add one more point, non technical and not numerical. Remember a fixed
blade fan is only effective within a relatively small rpm range. Above or
below that range, it'll just whirr and do little to move air in meaningful
or effective quantities. Isn't this why aircraft have variable pitch
propellors?
The only aftermarket electric fan I've ever come across (though I'm sure
there must be others) is made by Kenlowe. The unit they make for the GT6 is
part number KEN317/12B
They must have overseas representation but there are two URL's those of you
who have this subject close to your hearts might find interesting (if you
haven't been there already)
http://dialspace.dial.pipex.com/cambridge.motorsport/cooling2.htm  and UK
MG Owners club who provide comprehensive details and pictures of fitting a
Kenlowe fan to a 'B.' You'll find this info at
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/mgoc/emg/kenlowe.html
I'm now going to have some water which does NOT need boiling as its going
into a cup of tea - and I'm adding no more to this matter.

John Macartney
Now in the same museum as the cars he sold when they were new