Re: GT6+ and PCV valve

To: Thomas Carney <panacea19@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: GT6+ and PCV valve
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 19:22:14 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Thomas Carney wrote:

>   Quicky.  Is the PCV valve for a '68 GT6+ really necessary?  Does it
> do more than help you pass emissions?  I seem to be running rough and
> this is one of my ideas.  Maybe an ignorant question...

It is necessary, in short. If you remove it and plug the orifice, you'll
soon have oil squirting out of all sorts of places on the engine. If the
engine is running rough, it could be a PCV  stuck in the open position,
but is more likely, based on general history and evidence, some ignition
problem. To check the valve, briefly close the connection to the valve
cover. If the problem disappears immediately, you need another PCV
valve. If not, it's something else, or something in combination with a
marginal PCV valve.

Cheers.

--
My other Triumph runs, but....