Ignitr lunchtime update

To: blang@mit.edu, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Ignitr lunchtime update
From: jbonina@nectech.com
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 14:15:33 -0500
     One more thing I just thought of,

     when I removed the points, there was the wire that was attached to the
     distributor 'plate' then through the grommet, out of the distributor
     and (if I remember correctly) to the negative side of the coil. I DID
     NOT re-install this wire. (Do I sense people cringing?)

     Is this a clue?

     Jeff (mind always spinning)

Author:  Jeffrey Bonina at US-TECH-MA01-248a
Date:    3/30/98 1:37 PM

     First, I hope I'm not boring you folks with my problem. Here is what I
     found at lunch with the meter.

     The battery reads 12.88 volts (non-cranking).

     With all the leads to the coil removed, except the spark plug wires,
     and the meter on the negative and positive terminal, there measure
     .001 ohms resistance; virtually none. I was under the assumption my
     '73 had a ballast resistor.

     I checked the voltage from the + side of the coil to the - side of the
     battery with the key on and it was only 6v. Is this a problem?

     Did I fry the Ignitor? Say it ain't so? Or, (hopefully), did my
     battery die coincidentally?

     Jeff
     No car, 80 degrees (bummer)