Re: help me start it?

To: Erik Quackenbush <erik.quackenbush@scala.com>
Subject: Re: help me start it?
From: Mike Thompson <miket@urgrgcc.edu>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 1998 22:28:54 +0000
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Erik,
I would loosen the distributor and move it a bit at a time and crank to
start. If it backfires go the other direction. If that didn't help, take
the valve cover off to watch the valves in action to see if it is 180
degrees off. Then, maybe after that is confirmed OK, make sure you are
getting gas into the cylinders, maybe a little priming. The timing may
not get set as shown in the book. I have a cam in my TR3 and it runs
better a little advanced (I think). I have always said my engines didn't
have a choice as to running. Gas + spark = somethings going to happen.

Good luck!
Mike Thompson
59 TR3  - zoom
73 GT6  - paperweight