Speedo cable

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Speedo cable
From: Brian Day <1briand@mail.airmail.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 09:39:39 -0600

Had a problem with a speedo cable mechanism in my '73 TR6 w/ OD.  My Speedo
stopped working last Fall.  I pulled the cable off of the back to see if it
was turning while driving - no such luck.  Last night, I pulled the cable
off of the right angle drive.  With cable disconnected at both ends, it was
still frozen (It needs to be replaced).  I then pulled the right angle drive
off of the transmission.  There appeared to be a mangled strand of wire
running through the right angle drive. (This also needs to be replaced).  My
biggest concern is that the drive in the transmission into which the right
angle drive fits also seemed to be chewed up.  My parts catalogs are all in
storage.  What is this piece?  Is it replaceable?  What should it look like?
 Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brian Day
1briand@airmail.net

'73 TR6