Re: Braided steel brake lines

To: "Charles Y. Farwell" <cyf@bighorn.dr.lucent.com>
Subject: Re: Braided steel brake lines
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 12:50:26 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

On Wed, 8 Apr 1998, Charles Y. Farwell wrote:

>       I just purchased a set from Moss. They appear to be very high
>       quality, but I'm concerned because they are less flexible than the
>       originals, and they are lightly contacting the upper ball joint
>       assembly at the top of the vertical link where they come off the
>       calipers. I'm afraid to flex them too far, but I also don't think
>       it's wise just to let them rub there.

With a little (ok, a lot) of fiddling you should be able to put a slight
twist in the hose to stop it from touching anything.  The end attached to
the frame can be loosened, twisted, and tightened- be prepared to do it a
lot.

As for flexibility, I'd rather have a stiff line than a floppy one, less
chance of expansion... remember, you'll want to be able to put *tons* of
pressure through these lines, you don't want it to pop on a panic stop.

some thoughts
-Malcolm