Re: Local Parts

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, kmstjames@email.msn.com
Subject: Re: Local Parts
From: John Duhart <DUHART@symbol.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 1998 10:28:39 -0400
Hey Mr St. James,

 OK, if you on the list you've seen my ongoing saga with my Lucas alternator.
One of the places I visited was Pep-Boys.  I was told they couldn't get the
Lucas Alternator any longer.  Please tell me what part-number alternator they
got for you and how much you paid.  Also what did you pay for that starter
relay?

Later,
JHD IV

>>> "St. James Family" <kmstjames@email.msn.com> 04/09 10:00 AM >>>

Just a little parts info for your information.  Whenever I need electrical
parts for my TR-6, I always check with my local (Colorado Springs) Pep Boys
Store first.  Some of you are probably thinking, this guys gotta be nuts.
Not So!!!  I was able not only to get a life time warranted alternator, but
it is also a Lucas.  Yes it is rebuilt,so what it has the Life time
Warranty.  The starter relay went out this past Saturday, I made the call to
Tom, the parts manager at Pep Boys,(719-548-8761).  Tom looked it up found
it and ordered it.  I had the new relay in hand on Tuesday morning.  The
great thing about Pep Boys is if their regular distributor (in this case
Borg Warner) does not have it they go to other outside sources till they
find it.  It doesn't matter if they quoted you $50.00.  If they end up
having to pay an outside source $60, you only pay the original quoted price
of $50.  In this case Borg did not have it and they ended up at JP Sorensen
(they bought out StanPart) and yes it is an original Lucas relay.  You do
not pay the shipping for anything.  I get everything from air cleaners to
tune up parts their.  Hope this helps some of you. Kevin St. James 75 TR-6.