Re: Triumph Spitfire

To: "jkjohns" <jkjohns@CLEMSON.EDU>
Subject: Re: Triumph Spitfire
From: "bill" <triumph1@nr.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 22:09:30 -0400
Cc: "VTR ADMIN" <vtr-admin@Autox.Team.Net>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, <triumph1@nr.infi.net>
Hello John,

Thanks for writing.   You've picked a great car to be enthralled by.  There
are some cars for sale in our club's newsletter, but most have been
restored and are out of what I'd call a student's price range.
In the Spitfire range I like the Mk IV and 1500, but I do not know a great
deal about these cars.

I am going to post your request to the general Triumph list, the TR7/8
list, and the Vintage Triumph Register Admin List (sorry folks, I lost the
general VTR address when my computer died 2 months).
You will probably/hopefully get a lot of replies.  Go to the Vintage
Triumph Register site at http://www.vtr.org and search the marketplace to
see if you can find a car there

You will have to decide what type of Triumph fits best in your life.  As
you've already stated, you are a student which equals little time for
working on cars and even less money--which is how many of us got started!
I'm partial to the side curtain TR2/3 range, the neat TR4/4As, TR250 and
TR6, TR7 and TR8, Stags,  Spitfires, GT6s, Herald, 2000, Italia, but what
I'd really like is a 2500 P.I. Estate.  Actually IMHO every Triumph built
is a great car!  Each and everyone has its strengths and weaknesses.

Get a few replies back from folks and post me back and I'll try to help you
make an informed decision.

Any truth to the rumors that Rick Barnes might leave as head BB coach at
Clemson?

Bill Wood
1973 TR6
1979 TR8 Coupe