Re: Electronic ignition VS Mallory dual-point

To: " (Chris Sharp)" <sharpc@hqce.aetc.af.mil>
Subject: Re: Electronic ignition VS Mallory dual-point
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 20:46:41 -0700
Cc: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Chris,
THe only fault I can find in installing either a Mallory dual-point or
electronic after-market distributor, is that in doing so, you will lose
the mechanical Tach-drive that is on the distributor shaft.  There are a
couple of alternatives.  1. install a Crane kit to the existing
distributor (but if your bearings are shot you may have to replace it)
or 2. install an electronic Tach (won't match the rest of your gauges
but solves the problem)

Regards,
Joe Curry

--