Re: Production Record

To: peterz@merak.com
Subject: Re: Production Record
From: "Robert M. Lang" <LANG@ISIS.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 14:12:57 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi,

Wow, your car was around 18 units from the very end of production.

Were there any empty "beverage" containers in any of the nooks and crannies?

BTW, I like the certificate.

As for the Goodyear tires... my '74 had Goodyear Red lines (G800) tires
from new. The first set lasted less than a year, and the second set lasted
about the same amount of time. After the third set, Dad replaced the tires
with Perelli Cinturato 185-15's. This was done within the first 4 four
years of the car's life.

FWIW, I still have the cinturatos (only three, one had a belt separate).
They have probably 40K miles on them and there is still plenty of tread
left. Those were rock hard tires - maybe harder than the Michelin X's.

As for the Michelin X's being worn, it was not uncommon to swap tires and
wheels with cars that were wrecked or whatever... maybe those tires have
more miles on them than the odometer indicates (because they came from
another car).

This is one more reason that you can mke no assumptions about a car unless
you are the original owner and that you keep good records.

regards,
rml
Bob Lang                | Voice: 617-253-7438      | This space
Consultant              | FAX:   617-258-9535      | for rent
MIT Information Systems | email: lang@isis.mit.edu |