RE: TR6 Brake Warning Light

To: rgb@exact.com
Subject: RE: TR6 Brake Warning Light
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 09:58:21 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: peterz@merak.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Tue, 14 Apr 1998 rgb@exact.com wrote:

> A little argument here over brake lights!
>
> > As for the light glowing when the hand brake is on - I'm afraid not.
> > This was not a feature of the TR6.
>
> >Mine definitely glows when the handbrake is on and the ignition is
> in the On position.
>

> This appears to be a feature of the last cars, my 74 doesn't,
> my 76 does...  do not have a 75...

I checked the schematics (all of them) in the Bentley manual last night.
Well, it was either that or do my taxes - so the manual won!

At any rate, the later schematics (listed as applying to 75 - 76 TR6)
indicates that there is a handbrake switch. The '74 that I have (an early
one - CF14111) does not have one and the '72 and the '69 in my yard do not
have a hand brake switch either.

So, the handbrake light only applies to later cars.

Incidentally, I don't completely trust the schematics in the Bentley
manual. As an example, it says that my car has an ammeter. My car does
not have an ammeter, it has the "battery indicator" or voltmeter. I'll
also point out that when I debug most electrical things in my car, I use
the schematic for the 75 - 76, as it most closely indicates what my car
actually has (except for the hand brake indicator). It's on page 17 of
the manual.

See ya,
rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |