Re: One leak stops, another starts...

To: "Bob Lang" <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>, <rgb@exact.com>
Subject: Re: One leak stops, another starts...
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 18:55:00 -0500
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
I concur with Roger.  I've replaced about 3 so far. The original
equipment valves seemed to last fine, but the TRF (that's the only
one's I bought) all failed prematurely.  At last year's VTR National, a
guy showed up with some NOS parts, and had 8 heater valves in a box. I
couldn't tell if they were really NOS or "defects", but I bought 3 at
under $20 apiece. One is on a car and holding up fine so far. I also
bought his TR4 and TR6 (in plastic wrapper) Haynes for $7 apiece.

Bob Kramer, Austin TX
Hill Country Triumph Club
TR6x3, TR250 x3, TR3A vintage race
rgk@flash.net

----------
> From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
> To: rgb@exact.com
> Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: One leak stops, another starts...
> Date: Wednesday, April 15, 1998 2:57 PM
>

> Hey,
>
> Maybe the time-to-failure is inversely proportional to the cost of
the
> replacement. Thus, the $4.00 ball valve will last several orders of
> magnitude longer than the $30.00 replacement valve. In this scenario,
if the
> replacement valve cost $100, it would fail instantly upon
installtion!

-------

-------