Geting the Bugs out

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Geting the Bugs out
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 14:52:34 -0600
Cc: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
As some of you are aware I've finally put my 64 Spitfire on the road.
Now the 2nd part of the restoration is taking place, that of getting
the bugs out of everything that I FIXED!!!

I've already found out that tuning the carbs and ignition is easier
to do if you can drive the vehicle after you've adjusted it.  Since I
tuned several months ago and am only now testing my handy work I'm
finding tht its a little doggy on acceleration.  So its back to the
book to see what I missed.

Also, the new parts you buy aren't necessarily as good as the old
ones.  Case in point, the rear rubber/fiber strap that the exhaust
pipe hangs off of.  After stopping at a friends shop and then getting
back into the car and backing out I noticed a funny rattle that
wasn't  there before.  After closer inspection of the rear of the car
it turns out that the strap had broken.  Now I just bought this strap
in the last 6 months from VB.  So I ended up going back to his shop
and borrowing a piece of BALING wire, of all things.  It worked!!

There are still some rattles and shakes that I need to work out but
all in all its been a very enjoyable experience.

Brad  (In Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

1964 Spitfire4            BFC25720L (Back on the Road!!!!!)
1966 TR4A                CT72398L (Car is finally home and ready for
Restoration)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Frame back in garage and ready to
paint)