Poorly PI, Again

To: <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Poorly PI, Again
From: "David Hill" <David_J_Hill@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 22:43:06 +0100
Sorry to bring up the subject again but I'm still having PI problems.

The car is running rich but not excessively so. To prove it, I put
Colourtunes in #2 and#6 cylinders. The combustion flame was distinctly
orange, from tickover up to about 3,000rpm.

With the side cover off the metering unit, pressing the shuttle stop raised
the engine speed and turned the flame bunsen blue.

Question. Does this imply that wear on the metering track , rollers, etc.,
means that it
needs adjusting? The clearance at the full throttle condition is correct at
57 thou. but I haven't checked it at the higher vac settings.

Alternatively, could the line pressure be too high. I have no means of
checking it.
Also, I can't hear fuel being returned to the tank so the return line may
be blocked. If so, what's the best way of clearing it? I have compressed air
available, which would seem to be a good idea but at what pressure?

Thanks in advance,
Dave Hill