Re: TR6 Police Car

To: Chris Rodgers <The.4.Rodgers@xtra.co.nz>
Subject: Re: TR6 Police Car
From: Bob Jones <JONES_M2@popmail.firn.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 20:49:04 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Chris Rodgers wrote:

> rgb@exact.com wrote:
> >
> > Notice the TR6 Police version of the cylinder head in the TRF
> > catalogs...  Is this the 4 valve per cylinder, hemi, cross-flow
> > aluminum head I have been looking for?
> >
> > Anyone ever heard/seen a TR6 Police car?
> >
> > --
> > Roger G. Bolick, rgb@exact.com 512-794-9567, FAX 345-2879
>
> Is there anything more you know about these heads - as James (marmot
> boy) says they were probably for the Pi police cars that were built.....
>
> Anything you could provide would be awesome!!
>
> Chris
>
> Big Saloon Boy
Chris and Roger:
I replaced my original head several years ago (after 200,000 miles) with
a new head from a replacement engine built for the 2500 police model.
It is a unique casting as it is marked "Diamond D" under the valve cover
and "Circle B" on the outside.  Talk about mixing the good and the bad!
I took the chance and had it milled and then had the local machine shop
put in hardened seats for the large exaust valves.  Then I ported it.
Worked fine.  The head has the blank but no boring for the EGR valve so
you don't have to plug it up.  I now have about 69,000 more miles and so
far, so good.  I would recommend these heads over any others except a
real "Circle B" in mint condition.
Bob