Re: thread lock and gasket sealants

To: Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: thread lock and gasket sealants
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 22:06:29 -0700
>Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 10:39:47 +0000
>From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
>Subject: Re: thread lock and gasket sealants

>Don't use it, you'll regret it.  A proper job will use new gasguets,
and
>won't use any sealents.  Use new copper washers, make shure you have
<rest cut>

I agree with James.  I've been cleaning my engine parts to put it back
together.  Everything had to be forced apart.  Not a single gasket was
capable of being reused, even if I wanted to.  The gaskets are bonded to
the engine parts and have been VERY difficult to remove.  I'll just use
new gaskets, without a sealant or adhesive.  I don't want to put this
much effort in the next time I take things apart.

As to thread locker, lock washers and nyloc nuts, properly used are all
you need in most cases.  Again, think about the next time you have to
take things apart.

Brian Kemp
72 TR6