Re: Churchill Hub Tool

To: bschwart@pacbell.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Churchill Hub Tool
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@virginia.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 08:33:31
Barry Schwartz said:
>Robert,
>Why go through all that trouble?  7/16 studs are plenty strong.

I disagree.  7/16" studs are not strong enough for racing purposes
on sticky tires which is what Bob does with his TR-6.  I've sheared
off the studs on my TR-4 before, and its gets ugly really fast (several
folks on the list have seen the video).  I would strongly recommend
upgrading to 1/2" studs on big TR's that are being raced.  7/16" studs
are probably strong enough for Spitfires and GT-6's though and that's
what I've got on my GT-6.

R. John Lye

'59 TR-3A; '62 TR-4; '70 GT-6+
Palmyra, VA  USA