[no subject]

To: "Tony Rhodes" <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
From: "Russell Bury" <russell_bury@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 16:25:13 -0700
Cc: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Tony Rhodes wrote ....

    "Is there such a beast on the market as a pre-oiler?  How does it
work?  How do you install it?  Where do you get it?  I might want one!

The answer is Yes!  There are several varieties on the market but right
off the bat you can find one in the Performance Parts Catalog by
"Summit Racing Equipment".  The April 30, 1997 has one on page
52 by a manufacturer named Sales Professional Inc.  The product
name is Pre-Luber.  Summit's catalog number is LRI-2000 priced at
$420.00.  Included in the Pre-luber is the pump, electronic control
module, hose, fittings, and of course instructions.  Unit is about the
size of a windshield wiper motor.

One plus with the Pre-Luber is a "1 minute oil change" by allowing the
Pre-Luber to take care of draining the oil.

The manufacturer claims that 80% of an engine's wear and tear
occurs at startup.  The Pre-Luber sends a fresh flow of oil through the
engine prior to the engine turning over and after the engines has
shutdown pumps oil through the system for up to 5 minutes to prevent
oil cooking and to reduce engine heat.

Sorry if this sounds like a commercial but I just wanted to answer the
questions in full.  Any automobile that sits around on a regular basis
could certainly benefit from this device.
Russell Bury in Augusta, GA
Treat your equipment right-it'll treat you right