Re: Spitfire Mk 3 Wanted ! Area: France, Germany, Italy, UK

To: Ripart Lionel <ripart@ipce.eu.sony.co.jp>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Spitfire Mk 3 Wanted ! Area: France, Germany, Italy, UK
From: larry hooven <dirty_howi@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 08:07:23 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net

first of all welcome to the list, and i think you got us all beat, you
live in germany, and have an e-mail address in japan...aint technology
wonderful...

:)  larry

---Ripart Lionel <ripart@ipce.eu.sony.co.jp> wrote:

> Hello listers,
>
> I've just joined the list yesterday and I would like to get any
information about people selling a Spitfire MkIII. Hence after getting
details about the different types of Spitfire, I decided  to buy a
Spitfire MkIII (67-70). It still has the nice shape of the sixties,
but the engine is more powerful (1296cc) than the earlier models. Of
course extras like Original O/D (the switch is on the steer column),
Hard top, Stainless Exhaust System, Wire wheels are welcome. There may
be some work to do but not on the bodywork, please (I don't know how
to weld panels).

> I spent a year in the UK, but I was a student at that time and I
couldn't afford a nice one. But now I started my first job, and I
really need such a car. I now live in Munich, Germany but I may
envisage to go to the UK, or France or Italy. I would get some French
registration plate (Je retournerai bien en France un jour) at the end
of the day anyway since the regulation in Germany push you to install
a Catalysator :(

> I am looking forward to reading your emails.
>

> Lionel

==
larry, 1979 spitfire fm99248u awaiting more bits and pieces...
good thing it's been sunny...course with a convertible that
can also be a bad thing.....

on the web at http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/9311

the simple things are always the most difficult....the most