Tamara's being awkward

To: <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Tamara's being awkward
From: "David Hill" <David_J_Hill@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 21:27:41 +0100
Hello, ladies and gentlemen.

Tamara, my 2.5PI, is playing all sorts of nasty tricks on me right now. Has
anyone any ideas?

Rear Brakes:

I've relined these, put on new slave cylinders, pipes and nipples. I've also
fitted a new rear handbrake cable. The car has just squeaked through its
MOT, with low effort on the right rear handbrake. When I stripped it at the
weekend, I found that the self adjuster ratchet has been fitted the wrong
way round. However, curing this has only slightly improved the handbrake.
The shoes have not yet bedded, although the footbrake performance is good
and is equal on both sides.
The linkage seems OK and the shoes move when the handbrake lever on the back
plate is operated by hand.

I'm a bit baffled as to why one brake should work and the other not. Any
clues?

Thanks in advance,

Dave Hill