Stupidity squared

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Stupidity squared
From: Alan Camhi <camhi@symbol.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 08:34:35 -0400
Hi Everyone,

Sometimes yoiu get so pissed off about a problem that you just don't think
staright.  Case in point, my latest starter problem.

As a quick recap, car ran for half an hour, I shut it off and 15 minutes later
i get  one turn and then clicking.  I'm thinking bad starter.  Also, just prior
to not getting it started, I had to put tension on the fan belt beacuase it was
way loose.   BINGO.

You would think that that should have been enough to tell me that i wasn't
chargiung to the battery and that the engine drained the battery juice
therefore not enought to turn the engine.  Duh.

Anyway, charged battery again and she fired right up.  I feel pretty stupid.  I
have limited knowledge of engine mechanics and it became pretty obvious this
past week.

Thanks to everyone who gave me suggestions.  Everyone told me that it is either
a bad connection or a dead battery.   I knew the connections were good becuase
I cleaned them so once i hear d the Battery thing, the light bulb went off.

Sorry I had to bother the list with such a trivial fix.  Is there still room in
that corner?

Best regards,

Alan Camhi
'65 TR4