Am I crazy?? TR6 wiring harness

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Am I crazy?? TR6 wiring harness
From: "Craig & Karen Bentley" <mmbent@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 22:39:31 -0400
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Hello Triumphant ones. As I said at the beginning I think I might be
crazy,(I'm sure that if you ask my wife she'll have the definitive answer).
What I am contemplating doing is constructing my own wire harness from
scratch. I have two harness' (SP?) that I can use as guides but what I'm
really after is a modified harness. My main reasoning for this adventure is
twofold. First I just don't think that three fuses for the entire car is
nearly adequate and secondly I plan on modifying my car with several add on
electrical consumers and a big honking alternator. The biggest of these
consumers is going to be a 300-500 watt two speed electrical cooling fan
capable of sucking a golf ball through a garden hose and a pair of super
bright H4 halogen headlights. Being kind of like Tim the Tool Man Taylor of
course I'm thinking that I'm going to fuse everything and use battery cable
to power the glove box light!!!! Stop me please!!! Seriously though I am at
the pre production, feasibility stage of this project  and need some input
from the collective wisdom to help me figure out what really should be fused
and what gauge of wire I really need. (Dan Masters are you listening??)
Thanks to all, regards  Craig Bentley