Re: TR6 orig tire size

To: rodney@mindoro.com
Subject: Re: TR6 orig tire size
From: Brian Ricker <brianr@mvp.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 11:38:43 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
> Brian,
> If original, the tires should be 185R/80.  I think Dunlops (called G800? -
> I'll have to check my BMIHT certificate) were the standard equipment tire,
> while Michelins were an option.  Both had redlines.  If the paint is
> original and yellow, it should be Jasmine - Mimosa came later.  Let us hear
> more about your car when you get it home.
> Regards,
> Rod.  '70 TR6  CC55899L

It has been repainted, however the paint matches under the hood and
door frames (I'll need to take the crash pads off at some point
so then I can verify for sure). The color is a butterscotch color.
I think I misquoted, might be Saffron.

I know the tires are not orig (they do not have red lines).

Along with the car, came 4 extra seats (The 2 in it are both rh
seats), the 2 original seats that need to be recovered, and
(based on description) 2 74 type seats,  convertable top
frame, the original bumpers that need to be cromed (the bumpers
that are on it appear to be later style - have the holes for
overriders).

Speedo and tach are out. Interior clean, top a little rough (two tears
where they fold), 91k indicated (speedo out). No smoke from the motor,
although I plan on going through the bottom end this winter (thrust
washers, bearings).