Re: GT6 originality: front spoiler?

To: msecres@ibm.net
Subject: Re: GT6 originality: front spoiler?
From: Bob Sykes <s1500@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 19:44:59 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Martin Secrest wrote:

> Well, for the record, my GT6 (KF238220, Aug. '73) was not equipped with
> the front spoiler, but I'm about to try to fit one, despite the lack of
> corresponding bolt holes for the center section.

This is interesting.  A second check of the books shows no US market
GT6s with the spoiler fitted.  Any listers out there got one ??

> By the way, Joe C. mentioned earlier that the spoiler is related to
> front end handling; doesn't it also direct air into the radiator to help
> with cooling?  That's the effect I was hoping to realize ...

Well if nothing else, it will look "cooler" ;-)  Seriously, it can't
hurt.  I would SWAG that it does help direct air into the radiator, at
least at speed.  All (US) Spits came with the wider radiator
1 year after the spoilers were fitted across the board.  This would
skew any cooling comparison of these models.

So Martin, does your '74 Spit have one ??

--
Bob Sykes
"You can't beat your brains for entertainment."