TR4 Bpost captured nut placement

To: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR4 Bpost captured nut placement
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 11:30:48 -0700 (PDT)
OK- the back of the B-Post is fabricated and shaping up nicely.

I have come to the point where I will install the captured nuts.

The current one on the car is gone from the striker down; so I don't know
where the bottom one should be.  Ditto for the mounting plate on the old
fender.

Measuring a horizontal and vertical offset from the top of the tub (below
the upper fender mounts, I get these numbers:
Top nut: 3" down, 2 5/8" over
Middle nut: 10 1/2" down, 3 3/8" over
Bottom nut: dunno
(I used a carpenter's square to get these figures)

ISTR that the TR6 post is identical in shape if not in striker
mechanicals.  So if anyone's got their rear fenders off a TR6 or TR4, and
it's not as rusty as mine, check 'em out.

Can anyone help me?  And just to avoid frustration, I do NOT have a
Bentley manual, nor can I get one at this time :-(  So please don't refer
me to a page or diagram number...!

Also I can't get the measurements off the other side as the right-side
fender has been welded on and I don't feel like removing it until I get
more hardware, paint, bondo, and other shipwright's disease antidotes :-)

thanks,
-Malcolm