re Herald Help

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: re Herald Help
From: "Chris Leah" <crl@intekom.co.za>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 08:09:13 +0200charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi all,
I wonder if anyone could give me some info on the Herald? (Are Andrew Mace
and Leon Guyot out there?)
 I am starting to restore the 1960 948cc Herald I bought a few months ago
and have stripped the interior as well as removing the sills, front valance,
boot (trunk) and bonnet (hood?).
My queries at this time are in regard to the fascia which is made of moulded
millboard with a black finish.
There appears to have been a badge above the "Herald" badge in the center of
the fascia (right above the ash tray), but I can find no record of what this
could have been, as the book I have only covers the later 1200 and 13/60
Heralds with what appear to be wooden finish dash boards.
Where the fascia light goes under the top edge of the fascia, there is only
a torn hole. The switch and bulb mechanism are still there, but I was
wondering if there is some form of cover to fit over the bulb where it
protrudes through the fascia.
Lastly, (for the moment anyway), I need to restore the fascia and was
thinking of spraying it with a semi-gloss black paint. Would this be OK or
is there some better method?
Thanks in advance
Chris Leah
Durban, South Africa (Where the Non- Aligned Summit is really messing up the
traffic)
1960 Herald 948
1966 Spitfire Mk 2