New Beetle test drive

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: New Beetle test drive
From: Mike Thompson <miket@urgrgcc.edu>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 1998 09:26:22 +0000
We went and test drove a new bug this past weekend.
We were both a little underwelmed. It's just not as fun to drive as it
might look. Plus I think my wife has been "spoiled" by my LBC's.
(which is kinda cool) Now newer cars don't measure up.
I was suprised that it had a 2 liter like my TR3 and only got 32mpg,
again like my TR3 but not near the pep. Where's the torque, baby!
I though with all the new technology something might have surpassed my
old TR either in horsepower or MPG. I know it's just an everyday
people mover but still...
I think they are going to offer a turbo in the near future, plus I
would like a little more rumble from the tail pipe.
Anyway, even though her GT6 leaks a little, the seats need redone and
could use some paint, she still likes it best.