Good News Re: Don't let this happen to you!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Good News Re: Don't let this happen to you!
From: "Gauthier, Dave" <Dave.Gauthier@nike.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 09:28:13 -0700
Late in July I sent the list a desperate plea for help. My TR6 had been
stolen and my insurance company only offered me $1900 for the loss
(despite my photos and $11k in receipts). I asked the TR list for
references of people spending more than $10k on a TR6. (The original
request is far below.)

Not only did I get a lot of sympathy, but I was able to send my
insurance company 3 pages of names! The insurance co. called a few of
you. Long story short, I finally got a call--and finally a check for
$10,500. The insurance co. told me that the key to me getting my money
was the references I sent. How could I have done this without the list?

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO REPLIED--reference, advice, sympathy!!!!!!!!!!
Long live the list!!!! (Repeat 20 times.)

THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU

PS If anyone happens to see CC65489L zipping down the road, tie the
driver to the bumper and email me. I have an idea of what to do with the
remains of "The Club".