Re: Toyota in TR

To: <vitesse@Juno.com>, <cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil>
Subject: Re: Toyota in TR
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 20:49:03 -0600
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
There's a story behind this guy/car. It definitely broke in Savannah. I
spent the better part of 2 hours with him and his wife on the side of
the road trying to get him running. He left to get parts, and I stayed
and protected his car and spouse. If you remember the area around the
host hotels you'll understand. It was a ghetto of sorts. My wife and
kids were nearly held up at gunpoint while I was off racing around
Roebling Road. She was at a gas station vending area getting soft
drinks and noticed a man and woman arguing and pointing her way. The
next thing she saw was a gun coming out of the glovebox. She ran to the
van and took off. Scary moment. The fellow with the TRoyota4 also had a
scary moment. On the way to the concours field, he had chest pains and
heat stroke. Fortunately he was OK, and we still see him at TX events.
(I forget his name at the moment). Don Carter, from the Houston club,
took his car home for him while he recuperated.  This was before Don
finished his award winning white TR6, so he was sans LBC. Another great
thing about this TR bunch, always somebody willing to go the extra 1200
miles.

Bob Kramer, Austin TX
Hill Country Triumph Club
TR6's, TR250's, TR3A vintage race