TR6 Z-S needles and jets, hedging bets.

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Z-S needles and jets, hedging bets.
From: "M. Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 22:07:49 -0400
I'm still chasing down the source of a low end miss in my TR6.  (You'd
think I would have fixed this by now ...)  The problem is that the car has a
floating
idle and sputters until
2500 rpm, but smooths out thereafter.  I feel I've eliminated vacuum
leaks and ignition possibilities, and a friend of mine suggests that
these symptoms could indicate old needles and/or jets.  He may be
right -- I've owned the car only a short while, and I'm uncertain of the
condition of the carbs.  Is there a simple way to investigate or verify this
diagnosis?

BTW, the throttle shafts seem fine .. no play or leaks.

--
Martin Secrest
72 TR6