TR3 steering question

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3 steering question
From: "Coday Family" <coday@localaccess.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 07:27:14 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <Coday@Mail.localaccess.com>
I have put in the new tie rod ends, and it tightened up the steering
quite a bit, but I am wondering about the toe-in because it has some
jack rabbit tendencies.  Tends to be a bit jumpy to either side on
slight movement of the wheel.

I set the toe in by adjusting the lengths of the two outer tie rod
lengths at 7 and 11/16" measured from center to center of the tie rod
ends.  Got this measurement from the Moss catalog, page 35.  I am
inclined to start shortening that up on both sides by a 1/16" until
the steering is more like what I expect.

Am still waiting on the silentbloc bushing which is back ordered, but
I don't think this will have any impact on the jumpy steering, should
just take a little more play out of the wheel.

Comments and suggestions are requested..

Thanks,

Geezer

59 TR3A