TR3 steering, toe in and tie rod adjustments

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3 steering, toe in and tie rod adjustments
From: "Coday Family" <coday@localaccess.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 21:31:51 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <Coday@Mail.localaccess.com>
I tightened up the outer tie rod ends about a 1/16" on either side
this evening and took the TR3 out for a spin.   It's definitely
better at staying on track than it was when adjusted to the 7 11/16"
mentioned in the Moss catalog.  Might just be this particular car,
but I have always preferred tuning the cars by the seat of my pants
method.  It's ok to start with real tight measurements, but the fine
tuning is an art not a science.

With regard to the question of the steering of the TR3,  I agree
entirely with Bob Paul.  It's a workout at low speeds and in parking
lots, the solution: gun it and get the heck out of the parking lot,
they steer great under power and with a little speed.

Buffy and I are off to visit friends in Portland, OR tomorrow, will
stop by the ABFM on the way home on Sunday.  I will be wearing a
Grateful Dead Tshirt and a Campagnolo bike hat, hope to see some of
you there.

Mike/Geezer