Aligm.

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Aligm.
From: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 06:08:01 -0700
Listers, 59 T/R 3-A, everything in the F.E. is new, I do not have enough
camber on the R.F. (pass) wheel, so this is wearing only the very outside
tread off the tire, the three inner threads have almost no wear. I have
not puilled it apart yet, but I cannot see any shims on the ball joint at
the control arm hook-up, or should there be any ?? Also if shims are
needed to move the control arm over the space on the ball joint does not
seem to have enough thread to do this, any hints or advice as how to
solve this. One F.E. mechanic suggested I cut the control arm 1/8" and
then reweld it, I'm not to happy with cutting a factory made F.E part for
safety reasons, also not sure you can still reconnect the ball joint to
it. Any advice or is there something I'm overlooking and not aware of.
TIA  "FT"