Re: GT6 Shakes

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: GT6 Shakes
From: Scott Swanberg <sswan60@usa.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 1998 10:28:32 -0500
Martin Secrest wrote:

> My '73 GT6 gets some shakes at speed; not a lot, but enough to concern
> and/or annoy me.  Happens around 60-65 mph, and I notice the bonnet
> bouncing while the steering column moves side to side if I don't
> hold it.
>
> I've eliminated wheels as a cause since this happens with two entirely
> different sets of wheels on the car.
>
> Where to investigate first?  And what am I looking for?

I had a vibration that came on strong around 65.  When replacing the driveshaft
u-joints I had the driveshaft straightened and balanced.  Huge difference,
everything smoothed out and it drove like a new car.  Others on the digest
experienced similar results after having their driveshafts balanced.

That's my suggestion.

Scott Swanberg
'67 GT6