TR4 Clutch Problem Solved!!

To: Ed Woods <fogbros@nb.net>, tr357@cdsnet.net, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR4 Clutch Problem Solved!!
From: "J. Robinson" <jrobins@nwc.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 19:44:13 -0700
Ed,

Much appreciation to you and others for helping to solve my clutch problem -
could not have done it without you.

Following your advice, I checked the position of the slave and sure enough, my
#@#$% previous lbc mechanic committed yet one more obvious and potentially
dangerous blunder on my car and installed the slave on the engine side, rather
than the gearbox side.  And this is a guy who should know better; he works on
many Los Angeles area club members TRs and owns a couple himself.....

Once I got the slave off and positioned correctly on the gearbox side, the
geometry started making a lot of sense (I gained the inch I was looking for
earlier).  After I hooked everything back up, installed a new hose for good
measure, and bled the system, the car now shifts like a dream.

Thanks again,

Jordan Robinson