Should I - or shouldn't I? Well, I did!

To: "List, Tiumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Should I - or shouldn't I? Well, I did!
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 12:47:46 +0100
Cc: "Jim Altman" <jaltman@altlaw.com>
Hi, Guys

A week or so back, I told you I was taking some pics of the Standards and
Triumphs at BMIHT for your enjoyment (?) or just a browse. Jim Altman
(among others) VERY kindly undertook to put them into a website on his
server 'cos my skills at website design are about as similar as Beethoven's
were to arc welding.

This is just to let you know I've received the pics today, they're already
scanned and I've emailed them to Jim for him to put the finishing touches
and let us all know when the site is ready.

I hope you enjoy. There are sixteen in all - as follows:

MGD prototype in profile (a TVR under the skin)
MGD interior
MG "Old Number One"
Standard (Triumph) Ten Saloon with genuine 16000 miles
1934 Triumph Gloria 'Monte Carlo' (privately owned) This is a REAL Triumph
Triumph Sportsman saloon - alias a Standard Vanguard with a TR engine
Triumph Renown - a nice little story about this one
TR3A
TR6PI - with a new Heritage body
TR7 - the last made
TR8 Rally car
Spitfire - the last made and with 1827 miles on the clock
Heritage restored GT6 Mk II
Triumph Lynx - head-on
Triumph Lynx - profile
View from the Land Rover 'banking' of Standards and Triumphs

I apologise from the outset about the quality on some pics. It would have
been better if I'd had my old Nikon and a super powerful flashgun. As it
is, my younger son 'borrowed' it two years ago for his art exams and I've
had to make do with a Canon point and shoot and the flash is way
underpowered.

FWIW, I'm now nursing a hernia! This arose because I had to push several
cars out of their normal rows so I could get a reasonable pic of them. I
then had to push them back again afterwards. Never mind, it was worth the
effort if you enjoy the results.

Finally - a request, I would ask you all to honour. These pics come from a
private collection of cars which people normally have to pay to see. PLEASE
DO NOT re-publish them, as a copyright then becomes due for payment. I
don't want to risk finding myself as the guy who has to hit the chequebook.
Hope you all enjoy what's on offer - and maybe this will be an incentive to
come on a personal visit one day and see them all for real.

John Mac