Spitfire: Looking for wheels

To: Spitfires Mail List <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>, Spitfire-Enthusiast Mail List <spitfire-enthusiast@makelist.com>, Triumphs Mail List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Spitfire: Looking for wheels
From: "Victor B. Michael" <vmichael@enteract.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 1998 08:18:59 -0500
Hi Lists,

I _just_ noticed that my Spit has two wheels on the front that are the
wrong ones. These wheels have the longer slots in them. Apparently these
were issued between FM40001 and FM60001 (mine: FM62959).

The rear and spare are the correct wheels with the small oblong holes.
If someone has two of these and perhaps need the two I have, there could
be a trade here. Otherwise email me with a price.

Also, I'm interested in hearing about anyones experience with
refinishing of the wheels (sandblasting, color to paint, etc)

If there's a question as to the wheel types, have a look at my web page
at the address below.

Thanks in advance,

Vic

--
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500 <*> http://www.enteract.com/~vmichael/

 "There will come a time when you think everything is finished.
                   That will be the beginning."

                         (Louis L'Amour)