Re: loin cloths

To: David_J_Hill@email.msn.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: loin cloths
From: EPaul21988@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 19:44:52 EDT
In a message dated 98-09-09 18:53:04 EDT, David_J_Hill@email.msn.com writes:

<< put on fur loincloths and dance around worshipping it.
 I found that the paint had assumed a chalky appearance, worse on the
 horizontal bits than on the sides. There were also brush marks in the
 chalking from where I had washed the car.

  Anyone got any comments on these theories.....?

 (1.) The paint is duff and the sun has found it out.

 (2.) I shouldn't have used cheap car wash shampoo.

 (3.) I shouldn't have used cheap polish.

 (4.) Atmospheric pollutants have had a go at the paint.

Dave;
Coming from a place where the bright orb is in the sky 350 days a year I might
be able to give you some advice.  It was the fur on the loin cloths.  No doubt
about it.  You see fur reacts with the UV in sunlight, giving off a vapor
which is absolutely deadly to modern paints. You were lucky, since your UV is
much less than here in the high and dry Southwest US.  If I'd done that
anywhere near either of the TR3's or the Morgan F2 Three Wheeler, the paint
would be literally slaking off onto the ground.  Take my word for it, stick to
either plain leather, NO fur, or just to be safe, use a  woven cotton material
for your next loin cloth.  You'll find a much wider variety of colors and
patterns.  Avoid wool.  Not only is it an irritant to the delicate loin area,
it too gives off the same vapors, albeit at a lower concentration.  Wool is
fur after all is it not?

I hope this helps.  BTW I have some really fine patterns for loin cloths in
Southwest cotton designs.  We use them quite extensively here in New Mexico.
I sometimes wear them to work.  Of course, I always am sure to wear a white
shirt and tie to dress things up a bit, you know.  Actually I have several
series of designs, one for sporting events, one for casual wear, one for bar
hopping (VERY revealing, one design is to be used with a semi transparent
acrylic material !!) and then of course the business series and the 'formal'
series.  Wore one of those to a wedding last month, (with cummerbund of
course) should have heard the comments !!  Just remember, avoid the fur.  Yes
I know they appeal greatly to the ladies and all, but who can stand the paint
damage.

Bob Paul
Corrales NM, USA