Battle of the Brits

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Battle of the Brits
From: "Phil Pattengale" <philpatt@net-link.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 21:12:24 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Well, just got back from Detroit, and the Battle of the Brits.

The window stickers for the list got several closer looks, and one fella
actually asked about it, and took notes (Instructions) for later.

They said they didn't have a firm number but the cars numbered about 270.
Beautiful weather (in the low 90's) and lots of beautiful cars.

Regarding questions about TR4's at shows.  There was one TR2, 3 TR3's, and 7
TR3A/B's.  There were only 3 TR4's and I never got around back to see if any
were IRS or not.  I don't know any physical differences to say whether they
were 4's or 4A's (gosh, and I didn't look at the placards, either - Duh.
Sorry.)

Two TR250's (one with stripe one without).  A pair of Stags, about 5 GT6's
and about 10 TR7/8's and a whole smattering of TR6's and Spits.

Lots of other LBC's including an awesome Jensen Interceptor (Jenson?).  Big
440 engine and a mean look.  That was a nice looking car.

Well, It was a beautiful day and a nice event.  If you were there, you know
that.  If not, you missed a fun one.

Phil Pattengale
54 TR2  - TS1440-LO {project #1}
56 TR3  - TS13872-L  {project #2}