Re: TR6 steering wheel restoration

To: jworthy@pcug.org.au
Subject: Re: TR6 steering wheel restoration
From: lgmtr6@juno.com (Lawrence G Miceli)
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 09:20:44 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

John,

My wheel was getting pretty ratty also. The original was actually plated
rather than painted, but there is no easy way to get it replated. TRF
sells a painted wheel as a replacement, but if your rim is in good shape
then there is no real need to replace it.

I sanded mine and used Hammerite SIlver paint on the spokes. The finished
product looks great. While not original, it has a very period look to it.

Hammerite is available in spray cans at Home Depot.

Larry Miceli
'76 TR6
'73 Stag
'66 Herald