RE: Insurance Questions

To: "'Barney Gaylord'" <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Subject: RE: Insurance Questions
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@satie.arts.usf.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 02:12:33 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: british-cars@Autox.Team.Net, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Barney - I want to commend you on your excellant evaluation of the
situation.   There can be quite a bit of mis-understanding between
"declared" value and "agreed" value.  My only addition would be to make
sure the insurer you are talking to is using the same definition as you
are.    I received a quote from a company who was saying "agreed value"
and when you read the policy it was more of a "declared value" policy.
Also, some carriers are extremely narrow in their definition of when the
car can be used/driven.  Again - read the fine print.

Carl Musson
'58 TR3A - TS25264L - Daily Driver
'61 TR3A - TS81603LO - Concours Wannabe...
Tampa, Florida
http://www.arts.usf.edu/~musson/triumph/